Assistant Controller: Seeking candidate that will be responsible for day to day fiscal activities. Responsibilities include day-to-day operations of fiscal office, preparation of financial statements, audit schedules, compliance reporting, annual program and funding source budgets, labor allocations, and required analysis along with any related reporting. Work with program managers and Director of Administration and Finance to ensure cost control, compliance with contract regulations and maximization of budgets. Bachelor’s in Accounting required; CPA preferred, 5 years progressively responsible not for profit accounting experience including supervision, State and Federal contract and grant compliance and reporting, detailed analytical skills using excel and accounting systems, budgeting, cost control principles and A133 knowledge a must. Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be committed to working on behalf of low and moderate income clients.
Education and Workforce Development
ABE Teacher: Seeking a candidate to provide ABE instruction (math focus) to a diverse student body and to work as a team member to ensure that the program is operated in a well-coordinated, coherent, and effective manner in accordance with Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and QCAP policies and procedures. This is a 12-week part-time position from March to June. Classes meet Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Paid prep time of 1.5 hours per class is available. Attendance at bi-weekly staff meetings and Bachelor's degree required.
ESOL Teacher: Seeking a candidate to provide ESOL instruction to a diverse student body and to work as a team member to ensure that the program is operated in a well-coordinated, coherent, and effective manner in accordance with Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and QCAP policies and procedures. Class meets: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. This position will commence in September and continue through mid-June.
- Provide group instruction to diverse student body.
- Develop appropriate lesson plans for use in ESOL classes; participate in ongoing curriculum development with other program staff.
- Work with other program staff to develop benchmarks for student achievement and completion of each class level.
- Maintain accurate attendance records for each class and work with other program staff to address attendance issues in a timely manner.
- Work with other program staff to assist students in setting and meeting individual goals, participate in documenting student goals.
- Maintain individual student records related to classroom work and learning.
- Participate in orientation, registration, and assessment activities as necessary.
- Participate in professional development activities, including SABES trainings and workshops.
- Attend staff and agency meetings.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Program Director.
- Minimum two years of relevant teaching experience, preferably with adults from diverse backgrounds.
- BA degree in Education or other relevant field; MA degree preferred.
- Experience in lesson planning and curriculum development
- Certified in required MA DESE assessment tests, or ability to become certified.
- Basic computer skills required; experience with incorporating technology into lessons preferred.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness, ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to working on behalf clients of all income levels.
Children's Services Coordinator: Recruit and provide program support to children with special needs, their families and the staff that service them, in full compliance with all Head Start/Early Head Start Program Performance Standards on services for children with disabilities, and other applicable regulations.
Program Coordinator: Assure all funding regulations are adhered to and enrollment targets are met.Prepare grants, reports, presentations and assist with special projects. Design and maintain systems for record keeping. Maintain sound understanding of all contract requirements and assist the Program Director in assuring contract compliance. Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a related field and five years experience in early education or non profit agency required. Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication and excellent computer skills.
Family Service Worker: 35hours/week, 52weeks/year, provide social service support to families. Includes home visits, parent meetings/trainings. Some advanced education plus 2 yrs. exp. in related field is required.
Toddler Teacher: Full-Time, Excellent benefits, must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in ECE or earning degree and hold an Infant Toddler CDA. Quincy location. Must be Infant/Toddler Teacher Certified by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
Preschool Classroom Aides: Part-time 1:00pm – 6:00pm Year Round, Excellent Benefits, High School Diploma and sincere interest in supporting young children’s growth and development. Quincy location.
Kitchen Support Substitute: Part-time approximately 20 hours/week. GED required, must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and lift 50 lbs. Assist in the preparation of food following nutrition guidelines and local sanitary codes, wash dishes and maintain kitchen work areas and equipment, and transport food from kitchen to classroom. Basic knowledge of nutrition preferred.
Substitute Teacher/Classroom Aide: As needed positions covering classrooms in Quincy, Weymouth, and Hull. Shifts vary between 7am and 6pm. Must be Teacher Certified by the Department of Early Ed. and Care (EEC) or working toward certification.
Driver: Full-Time. Must have CDL and MA D.P.U. Bus Drivers license & proof of safe driving record.
QCAP seeks a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.