Quincy Braintree Family Network
(617) 657-5369 or (617) 657-5302
Cities/Towns Served: Quincy and Braintree
Quincy/Braintree Family Network (QBFN) is partnership of high quality networks of family supports services that are FREE of charge. QBFN offers parenting workshops, playgroups, family events, and special children entertainers.
- Increase knowledge of and accessibility to high-quality early education and care programs and services for families with children prenatal through school-age;
- Promote parent education, family engagement and early literacy;
- Facilitate collaboration and community planning between local early education and care partners and other community stake holders, including parents;
- Provide support and information to families with children transitioning between and among early education and care settings, home and school; and
- Support early education and care programs across the public and private sectors in delivering high-quality services.
Through direct services and/or referrals, local CFCE programs provide a variety of services, which include:
- Child development information;
- Transition information and supports;
- Assistance with meeting basic needs;
- Timely support in periods of family crisis;
- High quality, specific and up-to-date information and referrals;
- Family literacy and school readiness activities;
- Family and community events;
- Parent leadership opportunities; and
- Information about early education and care opportunities and other community resources that support parents in their role as their child's first teacher.
Providing the early education and care community with:
- Support in identifying program quality needs and accessing training and other professional development opportunities;
- Opportunities to share best practices and coordinate resources; and
- Linkages to technical assistance and local resources to assist them in meeting quality standards.