Head Start Nutrition Component
(617) 479-8181 x355
QCAP’s Head Start nutrition component provides and promotes nutritious eating and healthy habits to the children in our care. Parents, Head Start staff and community partners, such as WIC, work together to make sure that children learn good eating and physical activity habits that will support their growth and long-term well-being.
- Breakfast, lunch and snack for children while at Head Start.
- Monthly nutrition information about healthy eating, resources and low-cost recipes
- Nutrition education activities and events scheduled throughout the year
- Nutrition assessments and development of Individual Nutrition Plans for children as needed.
- One-on-one nutrition discussions on healthy eating and preschool eating behaviors.
QCAP Head Start receives funding from the USDA and all meals served are in compliance with federal requirements.
For more information about Head Start, click here.