Quincy Community Action Programs, Inc. (QCAP) is the leading private, nonprofit organization in the Greater Quincy area dedicated to reducing poverty and helping low-income residents achieve financial stability and security.
Through partnerships, community engagement, and advocacy for racial, social, and economic justice, we provide pathways to assist families and individuals from diverse backgrounds in their efforts to realize economic opportunity and create meaningful connections to improve the quality of their lives.
QCAP is committed to holding ourselves to the highest standards of excellence. We will continue to develop creative and innovative solutions to achieve meaningful and measurable impact through the responsible use of resources. We will proactively work to ensure that our clients will experience QCAP as a welcoming place where their strengths and cultures are valued, they are treated with respect, and they are empowered to define and achieve their goals. We believe that racial, economic, and social equity are the fabric of a strong community, and that a diverse and inclusive community and workplace lead to innovative and meaningful change. To foster this change, we create strategic initiatives, build and sustain partnerships, and provide policy advocacy that strengthens our clients, the communities we serve, and the connections between them. We value our diverse employees as our greatest asset and recognize their accomplishments, while encouraging and supporting their professional growth and development.
Incorporated in 1965, QCAP serves more than 28,000 unduplicated people annually. Our service area includes Quincy, Weymouth, Braintree, Milton, Hull, and more than 80 surrounding Norfolk County, South Shore, and Metro Boston communities.
QCAP delivers multiple services that are designed to support people in crisis, as well as provide low-income households with a path for reaching economic self-sufficiency. QCAP’s programs are focused on:
- Preserving existing and creating new affordable housing options
- Improving the energy efficiency of low-income households
- Preparing young children for success in school and beyond
- Providing parents with quality early education and care options so they can work or pursue work and education and training
- Helping adults improve their education and job skills so they can get good jobs that pay a living wage
- Supporting households in crisis and working with them to stabilize their living situation and prevent homelessness
- Assisting adults in managing their money and saving toward an asset such as a home, education or small business
- Helping low-income individuals and families increase their incomes and move toward financial stability and security
QCAP is one of 23 Community Action Agencies in Massachusetts. (For more information on the Massachusetts Association for Community Action – MASSCAP – and a community action agency nearest you, please visit: https://www.masscap.org/agencies/.)